On this Amazon Expedition you will experience the biggest equatorial forest in the world, a place that holds 20% of the world’s fresh water and 10% of the world’s biodiversity. The rainforest is home to more than two-thirds of the world’s population of plant species and the river is home to over five thousand species of fish. Students will explore the Amazon while sleeping in hammocks on our specialized boat, learning from local guides, and eating regional foods from our restaurant boat.
– Visit with an indigenous tribe to learn about their culture and traditions
– Meet with a community and visit their school and play futebol with the local schoolchildren
– Make tapioca from scratch and try fresh acai
– Motorized canoe rides to search for alligators and sloths
– Hike jungle trails and search for birds, monkeys, and plants
– Fish for piranhas in the flooded forest